Random thoughts that move me to write, and a collection of books that are worth reading, and why I think they are!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year

I don't know if I've ever felt this energized about a new year. Although according to a bunch of crazies, it's the last year :) So I better make it the best ever right? I have a feeling it's going to be a big year in the Spinniken household.

Fabulous Things I Already Know Are Happening in 2012:

  • I become Auntie Rach! Baby Girl Swinger, our first niece is due to arrive in 17 short days!
  • A trip to Cozumel with my wonderful hubs, and brother & sister-in-law
  • A Spinniken family fun weekend in Muskegon!
  • Baby Boy Penninga, our first nephew, due to arrive in 3 1/2 months!
  • A cruise on the Nauticat this summer with my family
  • Our 2nd anniversary?! What?!
Hopes & Dreams for 2012:
  • Drink more water!
  • Spend more time in prayer
  • Read a C.S. Lewis book, other than Screwtape Letters & Narnia
  • Read at least one book a month
  • Keep my house clean more often
  • Figure out how to keep up on laundry and keep Pete's laundry from ruining mine!
  • Be happier outside this winter
  • Actually exercise
  • Crochet an ENTIRE afghan
  • Use our dang Juicer
  • Visit my Grandparents more often
  • Become pregnant :)
  • MOVE INTO OUR HOUSE! high hopes here, but there's a better chance this year than ever before!
  • Visit the cottage more than once
  • Cuddle with my niece and nephew as much as possible!
  • Explore creativity
  • Cross Country Ski
  • Make use of this blog 
  • Freeze fresh fruit when it's in season, sounds easy enough, but we fail at this every year :(
  • Make jam
  • Garden? And keep some potted plants ALIVE for a change
  • Make more relationships within our church
  • Watch lots of sunsets!
  • And most of all, find MOTIVATION

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You go girl! Can't wait to see what God is going to do this year for you! Love you so much:)

    ReplyDelete